Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mary Singing.

This girl's name is Mary. As our team left her school she wanted to sing for us. She sang in Zulu, the words of the song mean: "My thoughts are filled with the Holy Spirit." As I stood in front of her in awe I was finally able to put a name and face with all the staggering statistics we hear in America. From now on I won't think of the millions that live with HIV/AIDS in depressing poverty. I will remember one little girl. Mary's voice. Mary's face. Mary's name. I'll never forget her, I promise. I heard the Holy Spirit in this little girl's voice. I wish I had the words to describe it, but some things you just have to be there for.

This is the Thing. And this is for you Mary. Now that I have seen you I am responsible.

4 comments:

gpaul212 said...

If we all could just live with the trust that a child has. That was beautiful!

dl said...

wow, the song is so..i am speechless.

Charles said...

that was one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen

kayla revallion said...

this is amazing! I got the chills! such a beautiful voice for a beautiful girl of God.